Moved to Dallas from the great NYC ,learning the ropes of being a new mom in a new town!

Welcome to my page!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 1

I would like to introduce myself---

I am a thirty-something new mom (well, fairly new, my son is almost 12 months old) and I am originally from the New York area. I decided to write a blog for various reasons. As a new mom that has recently moved to another state, changed jobs, and in the process of selling a home, I have been through some of life's most stressful events in a short time. I felt this could be a form of therapy (although, I know I probably need it), and an outlet for me and maybe other moms going through similar situations during these hard times. I am not sure any of you will ever read this, but I hope so because I would like to maintain this blog.

I have decided to have discussions on various working mom issues because I don't think there is enough support for us moms out there...

What have you been through as a working mom? Hope to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've got here after a Babycenter daily digest post. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Brazilian (please excuse my English) and also a working mom - my daughter will be 1 year old next week. The reason I'm writing is to tell you that I get a lot of questions from recent moms asking me HOW could I get back to work after the baby. And I always have to say that it was not so hard... I like to work, as I like being a mom. But, sometimes they just don't understand and think I have no affection... So, I wanted to congratulate you for writing down your feelings and to say this is a great thing to do for yourself - I do also have a blog to share my thoughts and concerns on motherhood. It's in Portuguese, but feel free to visit it (www.aventurasdemarialuiza.blogspot.com). Good luck with the blog!
    Laís

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lais,

    I appreciate your post. There are many days when I have an hour or two to myself and am always looking for the perfect site to discuss issues like this-working, and having a baby...and just all that goes with it. I don't always find that people respond.

    In my personal situation, I was planning to stay home the first year, but it didn't work out with the way the economy went. However, the good thing is I love my job and work with some great people and I love my son. He is in a good situation so I am not so worried about him, but there are days when I leave in the morning and he starts crying now...and it just rips me up inside. It is like I have to turn off the "mommy" inside me and turn into "working mommy" when I leave to door just to deal with it. I am glad things are working out for you. Everyone's different, and no one should judge you. I will check out your blog! Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete