Moved to Dallas from the great NYC ,learning the ropes of being a new mom in a new town!

Welcome to my page!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Fridays for working moms

Before I had my son, I looked forward to Fridays to have dinner with my husband and have time to relax. Now I look forward to getting home as soon as possible to see him before he goes to sleep, relax and go to bed early. The weekend is usually taken up by errands, and little time between me and my husband. We never get out and I feel guilty about this sometimes but I realize it will pass and as he gets older, we will have more time for ourselves.

My question of the day for you working moms is: How has having a baby affected your relationship with your husband over the past year?

2 comments:

  1. For myself, I've really begun to miss our sex life! We co-sleep, while there is no other way for me to maintain breastfeeding, work & still get enough sleep to stay sane & not fall over, it really gets in the way enjoying grown up activities. My husband & I have been forced to express love and affection in other more platonic ways. Which is actually a good thing. :) It is to me a small sacrifice. Babies are only babies for a short while so a temporary (I hope) decrease in sex is worth nurturing him the very best way I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was thinking too---we don't co-sleep but we might as well. I get up with my son at about 5:30 AM and my husband gets up around 7. Same goes for the weekend. I am just exhausted all day. Does your husband mind about the decrease in your sex life? I think mine does...sometimes I miss it, other times, I am too tired to think about it! Thanks for your post!
    WDM

    ReplyDelete